Friday, June 3, 2011

Thrifty Thursdays

          I don't know about you guys, but I absolutely LOVE Craigslist. I have been able to find numerous things that I wanted and needed brand new for practically nothing. This is a good thing for a cheapo like me! When I am looking to buy something for my family, I will almost always check craigslist first. This may seem like an obvious "tip" but I am always surprised when I hear how many of my friends have not thought to look used first before shelling  out big bucks. A lot of people just want to get rid of their extra "junk" and that is something I am willing to help them with!
         
One of the things I bought recently was a floor mat with hanging toys for my Little Man. I felt like maybe he would want something a bit more interesting then the wall to stare at. So, I go off to Target thinking I will spend maybe 15 bucks but when I get there I see that I was very wrong. I was quite surprised to see that these run between $40-55! Thankfully, handy dandy Craigslist had my back. I was able to find a BRAND NEW $40 dollar play mat for, are you ready? EIGHT DOLLARS! I threw it in the wash and it was good to go!
         
So, my tip for today is check Craigslist or your local paper or any other local yard sale websites before going out to buy something that you can easily get used! Of course you want to be carefull, don't settle get something that is "nearly new", don't give out any information over the internet, use cash and use common sense when going to someones home.

Where do you look first for used items? Do you think buying used is worth it?
Happy Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment