Sunday, June 12, 2011

Chicken Tacos w/ Black Beans and Wilted Spinach

     So, this is one of those recipes that accidentally ends up being really delicious. You start out thinking your about to make something that you know wont taste bad but will not be anything really good either. Then, you bite into your "make do" dinner and you  are beyond pleasantly surprised to find out that you want to eat this as often as possible. These are my favorite kind of dinners... They make me feel creative, like a domestic super star, if you will.
    
 It's not a from scratch recipe, however I am definitely going to work on a from scratch version! Before I get to the actual recipe, I want to give you a couple variations.  First off, I wanted to use my tequila lime marinade, but I didn't have any lime or tequila! If you do not have or cannot find the marinade I used, a home made or store bought tequila lime marinade will work just as good. Also, I made one with ground turkey and one with sliced chicken breast. Both were fantastic. Basically, this recipe was randomly thrown together because I didn't have any of the ingrediants I needed to make what I was orginally going to make. You can't go wrong! It can only get better from here!
Chicken Tacos
  • 1 package Hard Shell Tacos
  • 1 Can Seasoned Black Beans
  • 2 Chicken Breasts, sliced OR 1 lb Ground Turkey
  • 1/2 slice Munster Cheese, per taco (Sounds strange I know, but oh so delicious! Give it a try :)
  • Mojo Criollo Marinade by Goya OR Tequila Lime Marinade
  • Handfull of Spinach per person
  • Avocado, sliced
I did all this in one skillet so it is super easy to clean up!
All you need to do is poor enough marinade to coat your chicken slices, let rest 10-20 minutes. Put chicken and all remaining marinade into a med-hi heat skillet. If your using ground turkey, put the turkey in the skillet and poor about 1/4 cup of marinade on top of the meat and let it cook into the it.

Once your chicken is just about done, start your beans. I just scooped some beans into the pan and heated them together. Toss some spinach on top of the chicken and let it just barely wilt. Slice your avocado.

I loaded mine chicken first, then munster cheese and then beans so that my cheese would be melty. Throw on some freshly sliced avocado and your spinach. No other toppings necessary. DELICIOUS!

The best thing about this dinner is that it's perfect for a salad the next day. Chop up your left over chicken, put some black beans, chopped red pepper, crushed tortilla chips and some salsa ranch. Two meals in one with almost no work whatsoever. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment